6 amazing months of travel all captured on GoPro. ☮ ✌
PLEASE WATCH IN HD!
GoPro Hero4 Black – most parts of the video
Sony Action Cam – some footage of New Zealand prior to the GoPro release
Nikon D5100 – Milford Sound
Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
We Can Be Heroes – Alesso
Follow The Sun – Xavier Rudd
Come Let Go – Xavier Rudd
(No copyright intended)
* All snow scene footage was taken up on The Remarkables ski mountain.
* Kawarau Bridge (44m) & Nevis (134m) Bungy jumping footage was taken in Queenstown with AJ Hackett’s company. We also did their biggest swing in the world & also the ledge swing. The company was fantastic & highly recommended – they make you feel as safe as you could possibly feel before free falling 8 seconds at 134m.
The jet boating was done through kJet & the Skippers Canyons tour.
* We went to Sydney around 4-5 times over the past few months but this footage was of a weekend in Circular Quay before departing on our cruise, & then Sydney Harbour New Year’s Eve fireworks.
– also recommended is to see Blue Mountains
I am Australian & my boyfriend is from Czech Republic, so this was my chance to show him my country before he shows me his in May. We ended up road tripping the East Coast & if you do on your travels these are some places to stop off between Gold Coast & Sydney that we also did – Byron Bay, Lennox Head, Ballina, Coffs Harbour, Nelson Bay, Forster & Port Macquarie.
* Byron Bay – MUST see. If you are road tripping make sure you turn off here. Watego’s Beach & The Lighthouse are some key places. At Watego’s they have a residential playful pod of dolphins which you may be lucky enough to see.
* Gold Coast – This is where we will be spending most of our time in Australia. Some of the best places are Tamborine Mountain, Springbook, Currumbin rock pools, Burleigh Heads, Snapper Rocks – & also the touristy spots of Surfers Paradise & Broadbeach.
* Turtle & party boat footage was filmed in Gili Trawangan Island.
*Manta ray & snorkeling footage was in Lembongan Island – we were lucky enough to run into a lovely American lady that recommended a local named Captain Pinky, for you can hire a private boat for up to 5 people and he will take you to all the best snorkelling of the island for as long as you want to stay in the water for. He takes you to a few Manta spots before the other local companies and when we went we had around half an hour to an hour with over 10 friendly mantas before any other tourists came. Could not recommend this enough if you are in Bali. His contact number: 081338730777 – also make sure you take sea sickness tablets.
* Sanur – White water rafting & coffee plantation
* Uluwatu – Blue point had beautiful scenery, Dreamtime Beach had the best waves, Uluwatu Temple is gorgeous but expect not to go inside, its more of an outside temple tour with monkeys. But it is still fantastic.
Ubud – Awesome markets, tour of the rice paddies fields & Monkey Forest.
We cruised with Carnival Cruises, which were fantastic. If you haven’t done a cruise yet they are a priceless experience for any family or couple with so many inclusions.
One tip would be to not book shore excursions through the cruise – they are incredibly over priced & if you wait til you get to the island you will have it for a fraction of the price & the money will go to the locals who need it a lot more than the cruise ship.
– Hideaway Island in Port Vila is my top recommendation.
Hope you enjoyed watching our travels since June 2014. Come back next year where we will have spent summer in Australia, gone back to NZ for 10 days, done a 4 week European trip, moved to Banff & Whistler in Canada & also road tripped Canada & USA in the off seasons. 🙂